Dear St. John’s,
Thank you to all of you for your extensive and helpful feedback on our next step for St. John’s Covid policies. 62 of you responded and while each one of you had different needs and preferences, I was moved by the collective care you have for the wellbeing of each other and the needs of the community.
The staff and wardens and I have developed the following St. John’s Covid Prevention Policy for April 2022, which was approved by the vestry last night. We will continue to reexamine our policy over time as the situation and the needs of the community change.
In regards to the Common Cup, it was clear that our community as a whole is not ready to reintroduce it at this time. We will remain receiving Eucharist in bread only and reexamine this topic in a few months.
With thanks and care,
St. John’s Covid Prevention Policy April 2022
Out of care for the various needs of our congregation and community we will take the following masking precautions:
- 8am Service masks optional in sanctuary
- 10am Service masks required
- Church School, classroom dependent
- Coffee Hour
- Inside: masks required
- Outside: masks optional
- The 10am service will continue to be livestreamed.
- We are working to offer an outside option for the 10am service.
- Masks will remain required in hallways and any other shared space throughout the building.
Throughout the Week
- Taize and other special services masks required.
- Masks will remain required in hallways and any other shared space.
- A group or meeting of people can mutually choose to make masks optional while in an enclosed room, with the consent of all people present.